There are good churches in Troy. If we really believe that, and we do, what would drive us to start a new church in the city of Troy? Though there are some good churches here, there is actually a great need for new churches. Just a few things to think about:
- First and foremost, God clearly called our lead pastor and others to Troy to start a new church.
- A very conservative and population based estimate calculates 15,000+ unchurched people within a 15 mile radius of the city center of Troy, AL.
- A past survey conducted by a local newspaper estimated that 70% of the residents of Pike County are unchurched. This would equal more than 23,000 people.
- None of these statistics include over 8,000 college students who call Troy home for 9 months of the year.
- Of these college students, 700+ are international students, providing a very unique opportunity to reach multiple cultures with the gospel from the deep south of the Bible belt.